Thursday 1 March 2012

Nasi Ayam @ Kedai Kopi Guning Emas - Foh Sang


Nasi Ayam is another great tasting, simple dish that I really enjoy here in KK. You can see the huge queues of people most lunch times at Kedai Kopi Guning Emas waiting for their tapau. So today I decided it was my turn to see what all the fuss was about!
First of all I have to say the portion of chicken is huge compared to a lot of other places, though this is reflected in the price. This isn't your three dollar budget portion. The roast chicken was delicious and flavoursome, it's served on top of cucumber slices and dressed in a savoury sauce. An extra portion of thick savoury sweet sauce comes as an accompaniment which is just out of this world! A fantastic home made chilli sauce gives an extra kick. Simply delicious!



Chicken broth is definitely home made, look what I found lurking in mine!


Kedai Kopi Guning Emas is located in Foh Sang, on the same side as KFC. Arrive at lunch time to avoid disappointment as this place gets really busy !


The queue had died down a bit when I took this photo, there were around twenty people in it when I first arrived.


The Bill : Nasi Ayam, Chinese Teh Ping = 6MYR

This is an amazing Chicken Rice place, I'm so coming back for more! As well as to sample their Char Siu Rice, watch this space. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment