Friday 15 February 2013

Curry Laksa Mee Hoon @ Fong IP Cafe - Jalan Gaya


I've eaten a few times now at Fong IP Cafe, normally from the nasi campur selection but today I thought I'd try one of their a la carte items from the menu. As it was breakfast time and it's never a hardship for me to eat laksa, curry laksa mee hoon took my fancy. Unfortunately as laksa's go it was really just ok, nothing special at all, and for 7.50 MYR the ingredients weren't great, 2 prawns, 2 fishcake slice, 1 fish ball, 2 beancurd puffs. On the plus side there were lots of noodles, half a boiled egg and cucmber slices. Taste wise it had quite a spicy kick but somehow lacked depth of flavour. I think I'll stick to the great value nasi campur in future!
 

Fong IP Cafe is well placed along Jalan Gaya, offering a spacious and clean eating environment with great views along the street.
 


The Bill : 1x Curry Laksa, 1x Teh C Ping = 10 MYR

The Laksa may not be the best but other great eating and drinking options are available @ Fong IP Cafe!

2 comments:

  1. I do, it's a great place to watch the comings and goings of Gaya Street : )

    ReplyDelete