Friday 7 September 2012

Laksa @ Kampung Nelayan -Taman Tun Fuad Stephens


I don't know why but I had high hopes for my breakfast this morning from Kampung Nelayan. Maybe it was the 6MYR price tag for Laksa and the impressive picture on the menu 'for illustration purposes only' (I have to add). But the Laksa was definitely lacking, and one thing in particular........prawns! For 6 dollars I expect more than 2 prawns in my Laksa! (I counted 5 on the menu, 'for illustration purposes only' and that wasn't the whole bowl!) Slightly misleading I think!!! But what you did get was a large bowl of dark, spicy soup with lots of noodles, beancurd puffs, shredded chicken and omelette. Taste wise though, it was just ok and unfortunately lacked that wow factor you get with a well cooked Laksa.


Kampung Nelayan is located at Taman Tun Fuad Stephens, Bukit Padang. On a positive note I must add that the restaurant is very nice and atmospheric, I'm sure it's lovely in the evenings, also the staff are very smart, friendly and attentive. 




The Bill : 1x Laksa, 1x Kit Chai Ping = 8.30MYR

I think I'll stick to Coffee Shops for my Laksa fix in future, but I'm not going to write Kampung Nelayan off, as a great actor once said 'I'll be back' 

No comments:

Post a Comment