Thursday 27 September 2012

BBQ Pork & Wine Sauce Chicken Noodles @ Hong Kong Recipe - Warisan Square



I wandered into Hong Kong Recipe today, unaware of their lunchtime promotion! With 9 sets to choose from, there's plenty of choice. I opted for Set B - BBQ Pork & Wine Sauce Chicken Noodles. The star of the show was definitely the BBQ Pork, sweet and smoky! The Wine Sauce Chicken was soft and smooth, though not too sure I could taste the wine! The noodles were kon lau mee style and needed a bit of mixing to separate them, also on the plate was a small portion of green veg. At first I wasn't too impressed with this dish but it certainly grew on me with each mouthful of BBQ pork! 
Now the Herbal Jelly confused me, is it a starter or dessert??? I had a little bit at the beginning and some at the end, and it tasted, well....herbal! Not really my thing I'm afraid!!! 
When you look at the breakdown of the meal below, apparently the soup is 4.80 MYR. I think they would struggle to get anybody to pay this amount of money for a soup which normally comes free of charge in most places, a little bit of menu fixing I think! But all in all, it was a very enjoyable meal indeed!



Hong Kong Recipe is located in Warisan Square.



The Bill : 1x BBQ Pork & Wine Sauce Chicken Noodle Set = 10.90 MYR

Plenty of choice for a promotion lunch @ Hong Kong Recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment