Thursday 2 February 2012

Nasi Campur @ Fook Yuen Cafe & Bakery - Jalan Gaya


It's Nasi Campur time again, but this time not so much russian roulette as I must admit to having this meal once before at Fook Yuen!
My pick today as before was nasi putih, curry taufu pok, stir fried okra or ladies finger topped with a fried egg. 
Dare I say it? Delicious! My one and only complaint is that the curry sauce is like water with no substance to it at all, now maybe this is the recipe but I for one would like a thicker sauce. It tastes nice and spicy as all curry should do and I love the fried stuffed tofu. The okra was well cooked and not too slimy, I think this is what puts people off okra, the slime! A sunny side up tops off the meal, how can you possibly go wrong?

 



There's a few branch's of Fook Yuen Cafe & Bakery located around town, this one is at the far end of Gaya Street closest to the Tourist Information Centre.




The Bill : 1x Nasi Campur, 1x Chinese Teh Ping = 5.70MYR

Fook Yuen is large, clean and has a large variety of food.
With economy breakfast, dim sum, nasi campur, a bakery and drinks menu it's a great place to come, during breakfast, lunch or dinner.

3 comments:

  1. what you mean 'fried tofu stuffed with mince pork'.. why they put Halal Logo.. so confuse.. ?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please except my apologies, this is a typo on my part. I shall make the correction right now!
    Thanks for pointing this out.
    Hope you enjoy the blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to clarify Fook Yuen Cafe & Bakery on Jalan Gaya is Halal.
    Sorry for any confusion.

    ReplyDelete