Saturday 21 January 2012

Seafood Laksa @ Success Delicatessen Shop - Sunny Garden

 Laksa Laksa Laksa!
I absolutely love Laksa, its quite possibly my favourite Malaysian dish and for this reason it gets the honour of my very first post!
Not only that but the Seafood Laksa here at Success Delicatessen has to be one of my favourites, its quite simply delicious.
It comes packed with fresh ingredients from the fish slices and perfectly cooked prawns to the tasty homemade fish balls and fried beancurd puffs all in a wonderful mildly spiced coconut broth topped with beansprouts - its just so so tasty, I could quite easily eat this everyday! 
Our choice of noodles were mee or mee hoon we opted for mee but when the dish arrived it had a flat noodle inside, more like kway teow but not as thick and not made of rice so its a bit of a mystery! Not that this made any difference as the noodles where fantastic and made a nice change - if you know the name of the noodle maybe you can let me know?
An extra kick can be added with the addition of sambal and calamansi.

 


The shop is located at Sunny Garden just beside Jalan Tuaran and you should be very carefull when entering or leaving the shoplots as access is on a steep, hard to see slip road, its very easy to miss it if you dont know it's there and the traffic runs quickly on this road! I dont have opening times for you but I can tell you its a morning/lunch affair and I guess closes when they sell up. This place isnt a secret for locals as it gets very packed with happy diners.




The shop has a Chinese menu displayed which I have absolutely no idea about!!! So if anybody wants to translate it for me I would be very happy also any suggestions what else I should try here because im sure theres more tasty food to be had.


The Bill : 2x Seafood Laksa, 2x Chinese Tea Ping = 19MYR

So if your thinking where to go for breakfast/lunch today and you've got a taste for Seafood Laksa you can do a lot worse than head down to Success Delicatessen Shop you wont be disappointed, I know I wasn't.









No comments:

Post a Comment