Tuesday 24 January 2012

Chicken Curry @ Upperstar Restaurant & Bar - Suria Sabah



Malaysian Chicken Curry is a dish that I love. It can be found almost everywhere in KK, it's a favourite of mine and I don't think I've had a bad one since I've been here!
Upperstar's Chicken Curry may not be the best I've tasted but it is still very good and more often than not I'll pick this over other items on the menu.
Generally the portion is huge with lots of meaty chicken in a nice spicy curry sauce, sometimes I could do with more sauce but I'm pleased to say today there was plenty. You get a good portion of rice though I have to say it is often quite dry. Cucumber and tomato come as a small side and it's topped off with a fried egg which is pure Malaysian genius.



Only available at this outlet are the Chicken and Lamb Kebabs, I'm a big fan of meat on sticks so I gave the lamb a try. I'm pleased I did as they where very tasty, pieces of lamb and onion threaded on sticks, grilled and smothered with a sweet savoury sauce accompanied by a thai inspired chilli sauce, not too sure they need two sauces but the thai chilli is great all the same. 



              To drink I had a Vanilla Smoothie which is great on a hot day, topped with cream and chocolate sauce. The Little Nibbler opted for a hot Milo.

                                                                                    
    
Upperstar's Suria Sabah branch is located on the ground floor at the back entrance. 
The decor is, well, full on! With hardly a space left on the walls or ceiling, its jam packed with pictures of all kinds, musical instruments, frescos on the ceiling and old fashioned light fittings. It's what we call in England kitsch, go in and take a look for yourself!


                                        The Bill :  1x Chicken Curry       6.80++
                                                         2x Lamb Kebabs       3.30++
                                                         1x Vanilla Smoothie  6.95++
                                                         1x Hot Milo                2.80++


                                            Total :  23 MYR

Personally I like Upperstar, though I didn't think I would at first and this isn't my favourite branch but they are great places to meet, eat, drink and be merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment