Thursday 26 January 2012

Nasi Campur @ Super Faezah Cafeteria - Centre Point


Nasi Campur for me is like the Malaysian Russian Roulette of makan, sometimes you just don't know what you're going to get. Even though there's often vigorous pointing "Ayam ayam, ikan ikan" by a friendly smiling server it's still quite often a mystery. Is there going to be dried fish hidden in the veggies? Is that nice looking piece of meat going to turn out to be liver? Oh no I hope not! I guess this is where local tastes and mine differ.
But saying that Nasi Campur offers a fantastic range of great tasting food from meat to vegetables, seafood to salads cooked in a multitude of styles. Its a great way to sample many of Malaysia's awesome tasting food, at a very reasonable price. All you have to do is help yourself or point, I love it.
Super Faezah's Nasi Campur is huge, it has lots and lots to choose from and many people do, its always packed at lunchtime which is never a bad sign.
I have to say, its not one of my favourites though, local people love it and I'm not going to argue with the tastebuds of people from KK, but for me its not the best. Maybe Im just picking the wrong dish, I'll just have to go back and keep trying.
For todays pick I had the obligatory nasi putih, omelette, green veggies and chicken. 
The omelette was plain but very tasty, not too sure what the green veggies are called but they were stir fried with carrot and egg and tasted ok, I always like to pick at least one portion of greens, as it makes me feel like I'm being healthy! At first glance I thought the chicken was in a sweet and sour sauce but when I tasted it, it also had a real kick of chilli, fab, just what I like. The chicken however was tough, at one point I feared for my fellow diners, as I wrestled to get some of the meat off with my spoon and fork thinking at any moment it would fly off my plate and hit someone in the eye! Thankfully it didn't and everyone went home unscathed.



Super Faezah Cafeteria is located in Centre Point's Food Court on the basement floor, you cant miss it for the crowds jostling for a place around the food and the bright light neon signs.


People enjoying lunch at Centre Point's Food Court.


          The Bill : Nasi Campur, Chinese Teh Ping = 7.60 MYR


With so much choice at Super Fraezah Cafeteria and other food outlets, Centre Point's Food Court is well worth a visit any mid morning, lunch or afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment