Tuesday 7 August 2012

Buka Puasa @ Bazaar Ramadan - Asia City


Asia City was todays destination to sample some of the delights at the Bazaar Ramadan. We came earlier today as two days previously we arrived too late and most of the food had been snapped up!



The Little Nibbler spotted this stall selling fantastic looking BBQ Chicken, Ayam Percik to give this dish it's proper name!


Looks delicious!



The crowds and interesting looking food caught my eye at this stall, 'Traditional local food' I was told.


Nasi Dagang.


Not sure what this is called I was just told Beef!


This was my pick.



The Nibbler liked the look of this Chicken Rendang.



The Ayam Percik was simply delicious with its rich coconut sauce. After some 'Googling' I've since found out that the chicken is first marinated, then cooked in a coconut/tamarind based sauce and then grilled over coals! Wow no wonder it tasted so good!


The Nibbler's Chicken Rendang came with Nasi Biryani, Veg Curry, Achar and Poppadoms. The Biryani was nothing special but the Rendang was pretty tasty.


I really enjoyed my first Nasi Dagang, a sticky rice infused with coconut. The 'beef' was on the tough side, but the sauce was wonderful and rich with coconut. Looking at the sign on their stall, I think they are located somewhere in Asia City, so watch this space for a future review.




The Bill : 1x Nasi Biryani, 1x Nasi Dagang, 1x Ayam Percik = 19 MYR

Bazaar Ramadan @ Asia City is yet another gastronomical adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment