Friday 11 January 2013

Biryani Friday @ Kolombong Fish Head Curry & Caffe - Api - Api Centre


Here's a new feature I'm going to endeavour to fulfill, 'Biryani Friday'. Every Friday or at least every other Friday, for you, my readers, I'm going to sample Nasi Biryani in the far and wide reaches of KK and report my findings here, on Nasi Chomper, I know I know, a selfless task! 
Please feel free to comment and leave recommendations of your favourite biryani restaurant, I'm especially interested in finding great evening time biryanis, so all help and suggestions are much appreciated.
So to kick start 'Biryani Friday' I headed to Api - Api Centre where there is a fairly large concentration of Mamak stalls and curry houses. I thought I'd give Kolombong Fish Head Curry & Caffe a try because on all my previous visits the biryani was always habis, so today I headed out for a fairly early lunch, at 11.30. My luck was in, as there was a tray, full of biryani behind the glass counter. Along with the biryani I ordered Fish Slice Curry, Achar and a Teh Tarik Ping, a poppadom was also placed on top of the rice. The rice was nice and fragrant and not at all stodgy with hints of cinnamon and star anise coming through. Fried onions, raisins and cashews all helped to give it a great, mild, overall flavour. The fish slice curry is not to be missed either, I'm sure the fish heads great too, but as yet I'm not brave enough to try!!! Since being in KK I also like to have achar as a side dish to my biryani, which I also like eating with crispy poppadoms. Overall this was a tasty, satisfying meal and a brilliant start to 'Biryani Friday'!
  

Kolombong Fish Head Curry is located on the corner of Api - Api Centre closest to Wawasan Plaza.
 

Outside eating area where you can catch a nice cool breeze in the midday sun.
 

The Bill : 1x Nasi Biryani, 1x Fish Slice Curry, 1x Teh Tarik = 8.50 MYR

Kolombong Curry Fish Head is a popular eatery for good reason, next time try their Biryani, you'll be pleased you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment