Monday 16 July 2012

Nasi Lalapan @ Kuching Station - Kuching


After doing a bit of internet research I've found out that Nasi Lalapan is a dish that originates from Indonesia, I've also found out that Tenggiri is also known as Spanish Mackerel and is found in Malaysian waters. 
So this is what The Little Nibbler picked at Kuching Station, a restaurant specializing in Nasi Lalapan, Lalapan Tenggiri! I have to say that neither of us were overly impressed with this dish, firstly because the fish had been deep fried within an inch of it's life and secondly because it was quite bony! The restaurant was always quite full so I guess it just wasn't to our taste! The fish came with blanched, green beans and a green veggie also with slices of cucumber and a spicy dipping sambal. The dish was served with Nasi Putih.


As I was feeling less adventurous today I had Roti with Chicken Curry. The roti's were just ok, the curry was slightly better but nothing special.


Teh Tarik and Ice Lemon Tea.



Kuching Station is located on Jalan Green Hill opposite The Pullman Hotel.



I'm sure the Lalapan was really good!


The Bill : 1x Lalapan Tenggiri, 2x Roti, 1x Chicken Curry, 1x Teh Tarik, 1x Ice Lemon Tea = 20.30MYR

If you like the taste of Nasi Lalapan head on down to Kuching Station, the locals seem to like it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment