Wednesday 2 May 2012

Nasi Biryani Ayam @ Mekar Restaurant - Wisma Merdeka


Many times I've been tempted into Mekar Restaurant but havn't wandered in until today. The main draw for me is the two huge cooking pots I always eye up when walking past, in one Nasi Biryani, the other a dark bubbling curry, today it was Chicken Curry. The Nasi Biryani was fragrant and good, the dark ominous curry was so so tasty possibly the most flavoursome curry I've tasted in KK! Unfortunately the only drawback was the chicken, it was so dry, it was breast meat which can be drier than other meat but even still it was very very dry. Achar was served as a side along with a bowl of soup. I ordered a cold Teh Tarik as this is my favourite drink to go with spicy curries!



Mekar Restaurant is located on the third floor of Wisma Merdeka just outside of the main food court.



The Bill : Nasi Biryani Ayam, Teh Tarik Ping = 11 MYR

Even though the meat was way too dry I'll be back to taste that curry - you couldn't stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment