Tuesday 29 May 2012

Chirashizushi @ See Below - Tsukiji Fish Market Area



Confession time - I had absolutely no idea of the name of this dish until I googled, 'sashimi over rice' also unfortunately I cannot tell you the name of this eatery as I don't read Japanese, though if someone out there can, please leave a comment. But what I can tell you is that this was the freshest sashimi I've ever eaten, a pure delight!
Thankfully, with a picture menu, I picked out Salmon and Minced Tuna (which was a first for me) The raw fish is placed on top of warm sushi rice with Gari (pickled ginger), thinly sliced spring onion, seaweed strips and of course Wasabi, to add some heat and to make your nose twitch! The taste and freshness of the fish, which I'm guessing helps being so close to the world's biggest seafood market was sublime. We also ordered Miso Soup and tea was offered grattis.



With picture menu in hand the Little Nibbler opted for Minced Tuna (again a first), Scallops, Prawn and Omelette Slice. Let me tell you that the scallops where out of this world, I may never eat a cooked scallop again!


The street side stall and entrance (left hand side) to the market stall. Now this is'nt the main Tsukiji Fish Market but a smaller and very interesting market area located outside of the main complex. Located somewhere along Kachidoki-bashi.


This is where we ate.




The Bill : 2x Chirashizushi, 2x Miso Soup = 2400 ¥

The freshest, tastiest, rawest fish I've eaten! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment