Sunday 27 May 2012

Kebabs @ Saray Kebab - Asakusa


I never imagined that I'd be eating Kebabs in Tokyo, I do miss a good kebab, here in KK, so when the opportunity of sinking my teeth into a meaty pitta showed itself, I took it!!! 
Saray Kebab was a landmark for finding our ryokan (guesthouse) while we stayed in the Asakusa district of Tokyo - it was only around the corner. So it seemed fitting we should give it a try! Well two tries for me!!!
I opted for the Beef Kebab Sandwich, mildly spiced beef morsels sliced from the spit served with salad in a toasted pitta. A great combination, the only downside for me was that the sauce was a little like Thousand Island Dressing and no way near spicy enough, I like it hot and spicy!



The Nibbler opted for a Mixed Kebab of Chicken and Beef on a bed of rice with salad. Again both meats sliced hot from the spit.


The Menu - short and simple.


Saray Kebab is located on Kokusai-dori opposite the Rox department store.


A nice cold Asahi Beer was a fine accompaniment to the Kebabs.


The menu 1x Kebab Sandwich, 1x Kebab Rice, 2x Asahi Draught Beer  = 2000 ¥

Who would have thought Kebabs were so popular in Tokyo? Not me that's for sure but I'm so pleased they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment