Monday 13 February 2012

Sarawak Laksa @ Tasty Food Court - Wisma Merdeka


Another great tasting Laksa here in KK, but very different from others I've tasted around town. Sarawak Laksa at The Tasty Food Court is very dark in colour and not at all creamy like other laksa's elsewhere, my guess is that there's no coconut or condensed milk added to this one. With it's dark fiery colour I thought it was going to be extremely spicy, but no, it wasn't a head blower! Not that it would be a problem for me as I like my food nice and spicy. The tasty soup came with generous ingredients including prawns, shredded chicken, shredded omelette, fried beancurd puffs, some kind of fried fish cake slice I think and of course noodles. The 'fried fish cake slice' is a mystery to me because I'm really not sure what it was, it definitely had a fish taste but a different texture to other oblong shaped slices I've had before. It was also kind of round in shape and possibly home made, if anyone can tell me what it is, leave a comment and let me know! I really love the addition of beancurd puffs in Laksa, soaking up all that lovely soup. Fried shallots and beansprouts top off the dish.



Tasty Food Court is located on the 2nd floor of Wisma Merdeka.



With stunning views over Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, possibly only rivalled by Suria Sabah's Food Court (and car park!) it's a great place to have lunch.


The Bill : Sarawak Laksa, Chinese Teh Ping = 7.20 MYR

You don't have to cross borders to get a taste of Sarawak, head to Wisma Merdeka ride the escalator and look out for Tasty Food Court. Enjoy the view!

No comments:

Post a Comment