Tuesday 2 April 2013

Malaysian Portuguese Soul Food @ Cristao Cafe & Grill - Jalan Gaya


Cristao Cafe & Grill was brought to my attention by reading the freely distributed 'Delicious Sabah' found in many of the restaurants around town. Cristao serves Malaysian Portuguese fusion food, and if you like heavily spiced food I think you'll love Cristao Cafe & Grill.
 

I'm a sucker for hand me down recipes so anything with Auntie, Mom's or Granny in the title is going to catch my attention! So here we have Granny Meatball Curry, thankfully not made from Granny but ground beef and spices, I possibly had only one or two balls in my curry but fear not the balls had cooked down into the sauce giving a very meaty and very spicy curry. A cucumber and tomato salsa or salad are served as a side along with something called krill fritters and of course rice, which I have to say unfortunately was a little hard and dry on my visit, topped with a sunny side up. A very spicy and filling meal indeed!


The Little Nibbler opted for the Pulled Pork Burger. There seems to be a bit of a surge in pulled pork around KK at the moment, there's actually a 'Pulled Pork Triangle' around Jalan Gaya! Anyway back to the burger, Cristao's pulled pork is a very spicy affair, packed between a poppy seeded bun and salad, served with vegetable crisps and red cabbage salsa, definitely one for the meat lover.



Cristao Cafe & Grill is located just off Jalan Gaya where BB Cafe resides.
 


The Bill : 1x Granny Meatball Curry, 1x Pulled Pork Burger = 35.20 MYR

Cristao Cafe & Grill is for the spicy food lover inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment