Wednesday 3 July 2013

Gun Ba @ Peppermint - Jalan Gaya


I think the Peppermint chain is now the only Vietnamese food outlet in KK, which is a shame, but on the plus side the food is very good! It was a hot day in the city today and I was contemplating sweating over my regular pick of raw beef pho when Gun Ba caught my eye. Gun Ba or cold chicken noodles is basically a kind of Vietnamese salad. Cold rice noodles topped with shredded carrot, cucumber and beansprouts, a piece of marinated, fried, boneless chicken with hints of lovely lemongrass and a tasty spring roll. This comes with a dressing of sweet chilli sauce mixed with fish sauce, I added some of this along with some extra soy and chilli sauce. In my opinion some lime juice and fresh herbs would have made this so much better, none the less it was still pretty good and a perfect light lunch on a very hot day!


Peppermint is easily located along Jalan Gaya. It's also a great place to sit and watch the world go by!

 


The Bill : 1x Gun Ba, 1x Ice Lemon Tea = 12 MYR

For a taste of Vietnam in Borneo, head to Peppermint!

No comments:

Post a Comment