Wednesday 27 February 2013

Fish Mee @ Kedai Kopi Yung Hwa - Damai


I've passed by this very busy coffee shop many times in the mornings and peered in, wondering what all the fuss was about! Never being bothered to wait for a table. This morning when I walked passed my luck was in as a table was free, so I took my place and eventually ordered what was explained to me as noodles made from fish with fishy bits! Everything was fresh tasting and I'm guessing homemade, from the fish mee, which tasted a lot like fish cake slices but in longer strips to represent noodles to the 'fishy bits'. Fried wontons, fried fish cake slice, fish ball and some kind of fish ball surrounding a slice of chilli and duan sup were swimming in a light fish broth, but not overly fishy if you understand what I mean??? It tasted fresh and healthy, and I for one quite liked it! Next time I might try the curry version or possibly the kon lau mee.


Kedai Kopi Yung Hwa is located at Damai in the shop lots that run alongside Jalan Damai.


The Bill : 1x Fish Mee, 1x Teh C Ping = 9.70 MYR

Fish Mee @ Yung Hwa, a light and healthy start to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment