Friday 27 April 2012

Penang Asam Laksa @ Kedai Kopi Friendly - Damai


The sign says 'Wow! Famous Penang Asam Laksa' and I couldn't agree more! It's a few years since I've been to Penang but foolishly, I don't think I tried this dish! I won't be making that mistake if I get to go to the mainlands food capital again! The soup was unbelievably tasty with sweet, sour and spicy flavours coming through. Thick rice noodles came in this delicious, hot, tamarind infused, steaming broth with flaked fish (mackerel I think), sliced and shredded pineapple, cucumber, red onion and topped with fresh mint. A truly awesome dish that I can't believe I've missed before! And totally different from the Sabah, Sarawak Laksa and Curry Mees around town. Wow! Wow! Wow!



Kedai Kopi Daily is located between the shoplots that lead to the Hawker Centre in Damai, it's about halfway along.



The Bill : Penang Asam Laksa, Chinese Teh Ping = 5.50 MYR

Whatever you do don't miss out on this Penang Asam Laksa at Kedai Kopi Friendly it's a taste sensation!

No comments:

Post a Comment